Thursday, March 26, 2015

Not quitting….just postponing

Life is beautiful, hard, challenging, and difficult at times.  When I signed up to Haines City last Summer I was looking for a bigger challenge and a future date for it.  But life sometimes has other plans and other things came to my plate.  But I pushed as much and as hard as I could to keep my mind focused in my goal, to finish my first Half Ironman.

Time passed by and each day was more difficult and challenging to keep mind in sync with my body.  My body was great, my mind was not.   Until a month ago training was causing me more stressed than joy.  Found myself struggling too much, too anxious, to worried about something that for 5 years I have been enjoying and that is a stress reliever.  Seeing that date was so close and that I haven’t prepared as well as I wanted made me stress even more. 

As date got closer, anxiety and worry build up due to the fact that I haven’t been training consistently and as I was supposed to.  On race day I was going to hurt badly and possibly injure myself and that is not the idea. 

So this week I made the difficult decision to not be at Start Line at Florida 70.3 on April 12th.  Number 656 won’t be there.  It does not mean that I’m quitting, it means I postpone to a better date so I can prepare the way I want, to feel happy that I’m at Start Line, to feel ready and focus that I will finish the damn race. It has been a hard decision, but not as hard as life itself it is lately. 

I’m taking this time to focus in my physical and mental strength.  Getting stronger, build proper endurance and be ready for next challenges.  Also want to motivate friends along the way.  I want to feel again the joy of training and competition, not stress.  I want to fall in love again with swim, bike and run.

What race is next? No clue, I’m still thinking about it, but for sure I will be at that start line with a smile.

I see myself at finish line of a 70.3 in the near future; I will let you know when.  Until then, I’m getting stronger and better.

“Cause I’m only human
And I bleed when I fall down
I’m only human

And I crash and I break down…” – Christina Perri





No comments:

Post a Comment